Nutritious food for every student in need.
It's that simple.
How It Works
Every week, volunteers meet to put together a bag full of nutritious food for each child enrolled in our elementary school program. Bags include a vegetable (canned or fresh), a fruit (canned or fresh), whole grains, protein items, and 2 breakfasts/snacks. Volunteers deliver bags to participating schools on Thursday or Friday of each week, to be distributed before they leave for the weekend. In addition, we also provide high protein snacks to high school students. The goal is to add more sponsored students over time as funds are acquired.
What We've Achieved
- During the 2016, we distributed 10,659 bags of food to children and their families to fill the weekend hunger gap. Volunteers gave over 2,600 hours of their time to help us achieve our goals.
- Our Feed 8000 Thanksgiving food distribution provided a full Thanksgiving meal to 2,000 families in Adams County. Over 400 volunteers came together to help distribute boxes and turkeys.
- We are currently serving 6 elementary schools, with over 400 bags of nutritious food distributed each week!
- We started the "School Fuel" program that provides close to 1,000 high protein snacks per week to students at Thornton High School who come to school hungry.
- Community Food Drives have provided a whole pantry full of nonperishable food items, but we always need more! Check out our Donate page for a full food list.
- We are creating unity through engaging community businesses, organizations, and individuals as we address this issue together. See a list on our Partner Page!